Railway Recruitment Board is an organisation of Government of India, which works for the appointment of new employees to work in Indian railways. Railway Recruitment boards have several boards working for it appoint new employees and they are situated in different parts of India. There are 21 RBB’s and they are RRB Ahemadabad, RRB Ajmer, RRB Allahabad, RRB Banglore, RRB Bhopal, RRB Bhubaneswar, RRB Bilaspur, RRB Chandigarh, RRB Chennai, RRB Gorakhpur, RRB Guwahati, RRB Jammu and Kashmir, RRB Kolkata, RRB Malda, RRB Mumbai, RRB Muzaffarpur, RRB Patna, RRB Ranchi, RRB Secunderabad, RRB Siliguri and RRB Thiruvantha-puram.
Gazetted (Group ‘A’ and ‘B’) and Non-Gazetted (Group ‘C’ and ‘D’) in 17 RRBs:-
Group ‘A’ Posts: Group A posts is carried out by UPSC – appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Group ‘B’ Posts: This posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade – upgraded posts from Group ‘C’ railway employees on deputation basis.
Group ‘C’ Posts: Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Master, Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
Group ‘D’ Posts: These posts in various disciplines include Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala / Safaiwali, Gunman, Peon etc.
- Central Railway (CR) – Mumbai
- East Central Railway (ECR) – Hajipur
- East Coast Railway (ECoR) – Bhubaneswar
- Eastern Railway (ER) – Kolkata
- North Central Railway (NCR) – Allahabad
- North Eastern Railway (NER) – Gorakhpur
- North Western Railway (NWR) – Jaipur
- Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) – Guwahati
- Northern Railway Railway (NR) – Delhi
- South Central Railway (SCR) – Secunderabad
- South East Central Railway (SECR) – Bilaspur
- South Eastern Railway (SER) – Kolkata
- South Western Railway (SWR) – Hubli
- Southern Railway (SR) – Chennai
- West Central Railway (WCR) – Jabalpur
- Western Railway (WR) – Mumbai
- Metro Railway, Kolkata – Kolkata
The Railway Exam Eligibility followed by RRB for Technical and Non Technical examination detailed below:-
I. Educational Qualifications:
Applicants who willing apply for non technical Railway exam should have degree from recognized board / Institute / University. Aspirants must have typing skills in English/Hindi on Computer/Typewriter.
Applicants who interested apply for technical Railway exam should have Pass in 1st year B.Sc (Physics), 10+2 with Physics and maths and ITI in Computer Networking / Data Networking / Electrician. Applicants with other education may also apply for railway exams.
II. Age Limit:
Aspirants who apply for Non Technical Railway exam should have age between 18-33 years. Relaxation in upper age for special category aspirants would be extended as per government standard.
Eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of following standards as mentioned below:
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Medical Exam
Click Here To View Full Details For RRB Selection Process
|S.No||Subjects||Marks||Time in Min’s|
1. General Awareness: Current Affairs/ General Knowledge- Books & Authors/ Budget & 5 Year Plans/ Sports/ Abbreviations/ Science- Inventions & Discoveries/ Important Days/ Who is who/ Awards & Honours/ International & National Organizations
2. General Intelligence: General Reasoning & Mental Ability based questions
3. General English: Grammar and Comprehension based questions/ Fill in the blanks/ Synonyms-Antonyms/ One word for phrases/ Idioms & Phrases etc
4. Arithmetic Ability: Data Interpretation/ Time and Work/ Profit & Loss/ HCF & LCM/ Number System/ Algebra/ Percentage/ Ratio & Proportion/ Simplification/ Mensuration / Unitary Method/ Decimal Fractions/ Time and Distance/ Simple and Compound Interest/ Averages etc.
5. Reasoning Ability: Verbal Reasoning- Blood Relations/ Decision Making/ Alphabet Series/ Coding-Decoding/ Number Ranking/ Problem of Age Calculation/ Arithmetical Reasoning/ Direction Test/ Age Calculation etc Non Verbal Reasoning- Cubes and Dices/ Embedded Figures/ Mirror Images/ Grouping Identical Figures and Non Verbal Series etc
6. Technical Ability: This section of the paper shall be based on the technical questions related to the concerned field of work.